NOTE: Please be reminded that each new ticket you create is by default, opted in to our Marketing service. If you want to opt out of our Marketing service, go to Step no. 6.
- Create a new course as usual. Once you’ve added your dates and selected a charge option, click "Add Tickets".
- Ticket Name. Enter your ticket name. Make it easy for your customers to book by using a ticket name that is easy to understand at first glance (nothing too creative that it will confuse and blow the sale!).
- Ticket Type. Choose from: Full Price, Discount Ticket, Early Bird, and Member Only.
- Quantity. How many tickets are you selling for the particular type? Enter the number here.
- Price. Enter the price in Australian dollars and cents.
- Additional Options
- You may disable gift voucher redemption at the ticket level. Just toggle the switch.
- Is this ticket for your eyes only? Toggle the Internal Ticket option to restrict it to your team’s use and hide it from public view.
- Would you rather not promote this ticket on WeTeachMe? Toggle the switch to opt out a ticket from our amazing marketing services.
7. Advanced Settings
- Bookable Periods. Control when you want to start and stop accepting bookings. As an alternative to picking a time to start accepting bookings, you can also make a ticket available once another ticket has sold out (for example, start selling your normal ticket after your early bird ticket has sold out).
- Set the number of tickets a customer can buy per transaction.
- Enable the extra booking fields that you want to add in the checkout process.
- If you created any custom booking fields, you can enable them here.
- If you added any items to your list of merchandise, link them here so that customers can add to their cart upon checkout.
8. Total Tickets Available. Let’s say you’ve set up 3 types of tickets at 10 each. Do you want to cap your total ticket sales at only 10 pieces? Update this field with the correct number to avoid getting overbooked! Or else, your booking page will then show 30 tickets available for sale.
9. Save your changes.
10. To EDIT a ticket, just click on the pencil icon in the date, it will display "Edit Date". Then scroll down to the ticket settings and click on the pencil icon again to "Edit" the date. Once done with the changes, click on "Save".